5 ways to protect your winter skin
Posted on February 09 2017
Living in New England, winter skin for our family meant, dry cracked knuckles, and itchy flaking skin. The dry heat in the house and the cold air outside made was too much for our skin to withstand. However, once we changed to our own sea salt soap, these winter woes were no more. Here are are top 5 winter skin survival tips.
5 ways to protect your winter skin:
1. During Winter your dry skin can become even more sensitive to the chemicals in over the counter soaps. These chemicals can cause a skin reaction resulting in cracking, chaffing, and rashes. Switching to an All natural soap, can soothe and moisturize skin.
2. Drink Plenty of water. The dry air in the house and cars, caused by constant heat can slowly dehydrate. Water helps the body make and replenish collagen, making skin more youthful and healthy.
3. Try a Balm instead of a moisturizer. The main difference between a balm and traditional moisturizers is the water content. Our Rescue Balm is made of oils, herbs and soy wax, no water. These concentrated balms can deeply moisturize and protect dry winter skin.
4. If you itchy, take off the wrap. After cleansing, let the skin thoroughly air try before you cover. Cracked winter skin, can become a heaven for bacteria that can cause itching. Bacteria loves moisture.
5. Exfoliate. Our sea salt soaps naturally exfoliate every day. However, in the winter I like to use a good scrub once a week. It renews and refreshes dull winter skin. Try one of ours, our make your own simple sugar scrub;